The Graduates Enterprise Program (GEP) is an initiative by the Ministry of Commerce, Industry & Trade, facilitated by the Small Enterprises Development Company (SEDCO). It aims at creating job opportunities for graduates from institutions of higher learning who have not been absorbed by the formal job market.
The program assists graduates through capacity development, provision of loan deposits and linkages with development finance institution.
The GEP targets graduates between the ages of 18-35 years and supports businesses formed or owned by graduates either individually or in groups in their area of study or in any area of interest.
- To qualify for the program:
- You need to be at least 18 years old and no older than 35 years old.
- Be a Swazi citizen (attach copy of National Identity Document).
- Be a graduate from a recognized tertiary institution (attach copy of tertiary certificate).
- Shareholders/ members of your business also need to be graduates from recognized tertiary institutions (attach their copies of tertiary certificates).
- Possess the necessary skills, experience or potential skills needed for your enterprise.
- Be willing to manage the day-to-day operations of the business.
- Cooperatives must have a minimum of five (5) members.
- Fill in an application form available at all SEDCO estates country wide or download from the SEDCO website (www.sedco.biz).
- Qualifying applicants will be contacted and expected to attend a business training course and develop a 4 page business concept note.
Download - GEP Application Form
Online GEP REGISTRATION APPLICATION FORM.